Learn to SUP on the world’s greatest river.
Warm water, sunshine, tropical islands, and the perfect introductory rapids. Our introduction day is sure to give you a memorable experience, off the tourist trail.
The day is designed to teach you the skills that you need, even if you have never been on a SUP before, to go with one of our guides to the whitewater – a secluded part of Uganda unseen by most tourists.
Tick whitewater SUP on the Nile off your worldwide bucket list.
Full day Introduction to whitewater
- See Uganda from the river that defines it
- Whitewater SUP on the world’s
- Do more with your time than ‘have an experience’, learn a skill that you can take worldwide
A day of Two Halves
Your day with us consists of two parts; a calm water introduction and an afternoon river trip.
From our base at Bujagali you will head together with a Nile SUP instructor to the Owen Falls Dam and cruise down to Bujagali. The flat water here provides the ideal environment for you to learn how to control the board and for us to give you some tips along the way. You will be
introduced to some of the key concepts – learning how to control your SUP board and where it goes, plus a few basic strokes and techniques.
Comfortable with the morning, the afternoon is the main event. Taking a short drive from our store out through the villages, we rejoin the river at the first free-flowing section of the Nile. Using the skills that you learnt in the morning you, with your guide leading the way, will tackle your first rapid.
The section of whitewater on the Nile that we choose for your first day of SUPing has a few huge benefits:
1. The variety – The number of features on this part of the river means that there is a huge range of skills that we can work on. From running rapids to eddy lines and surfing, there is so much that we can do. We even continue to use this section on our custom whitewater SUP package to further build up your skills.
2. Safety – Part of the difficulty of learning to paddle whitewater on a SUP is being able to do so in a safe environment, which is where the Nile excels. Combining the deep rapids, no rocks to hit, warm water, our safety equipment and knowledgeable guides all mean that the day is
entirely directed towards your positive experience.
3. Genuine achievement – We have been told that what sets us apart from other
‘experiences’ is that you end the day with a feeling of genuine achievement. You will see huge improvement in your skills from when you first get on a SUP board, most likely being unable to make it go in a straight line, to the end of the day having run some whitewater in greater
control of your craft.
4. It’s beautiful – In case the other benefits weren’t enough, we believe that this section of the river really is beautiful. Lush jungle islands, the variety of bird life you would expect so close to the equator and the opportunity to observe life by the river are just a few of the reasons that make this river trip so good.
Throughout the day we aim not just to show you the technical skills of how to get downriver, but to also introduce you to the fun and lighthearted sport that means so much to us.
Whether you want to go as hard as possible, learning and achieving all that you can, or simply want to take the time to enjoy the river in the company and safety of those who are passionate about it – we only run in low ratio groups, meaning that we can tailor the day to you and your needs.
We believe that we are different and pride ourselves on providing more than a holiday
experience. The river Nile and the feeling SUPing it provides us with is what drew us to Jinja, and sharing the sport that we love in this idyllic place is our pleasure.
We aim for a day with Nile SUP to be both an unforgettable experience and one that sparks an interest in you enjoying rivers worldwide.
Full Day Introduction to Whitewater
- Learn to SUP on the Nile
- Our most popular activity
- For those looking to make the best use of their time and for more than a ‘tourist holiday activity’
- Low group to guide ratio to maximise your learning
- No experience necessary, we teach you what you need to know
- Full day guided instruction from a Nile SUP coach
- Lunch provided
- Cold drinks at the end of a rewarding day
- Transport to and from the river
- Free access to the NRE Kampala to Jinja shuttle bus
- Impeccable safety record
- $125 per person ($150 one to one)
Tick SUPing off of your bucket list at the source of the world’s longest river. Join us on a full day introduction to whitewater and experience the river for yourself.