Answer: No, there is no expectation of a tip in Uganda.
If you would like to tip your guide, we suggest making the amount relative to the personal service you received and thanks you would like to give.
A good reference point for tips that we have used for travel around the world is this – How much would it cost for the person you would like to tip to buy a nice meal?
Here in Jinja a good meal from a higher end restaurant costs around 25,000 USH ($6.80 / £4.40)
See all questions
- What should I wear?
- Do I need to book in advance?
- Can you cater for dietary requirements?
- Can I bring a camera?
- Can I wear my glasses while kayaking?
- Do you sell nose-clips?
- Am I expected to tip my guide?
- Can I come and work for Nile SUP?
- How safe is Uganda?
- Ugandan tourist visas
- Power, electricity, and charging?
- What plug does Uganda use?
- Internet in Uganda
- Do I need a Yellow fever card?
- Can I drink the tap water?
- What language is spoken in Uganda?
- Will I get malaria?
- Do I need a yellow fever vaccination?
- Which vaccinations do I need for Uganda?
- Will I get bilharzia/schistosomiasis?
- What is the status of Ebola in Uganda?
- Are there ATMs in Jinja?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- Do you accept credit card?
- Which date of US dollars can I use in Uganda?
- Where can I get Ugandan shillings?
Can’t find what your looking for? Ask us a quick question
or visit our contact us page if you are ready to book.