Question: How does the free Kampala to Jinja bus work?
Answer: Nile SUP’s clients have free access to the Nile River Explorers Kampala to Jinja shuttle bus*.
When booking the shuttle, please tell us the departure point in Kampala that you would like to use, and if possible, please provide a contact phone number.
Kampala departure times and locations:
- Red Chilli Hideaway: 6:30am
- Kampala Backpackers: 6:30am
- Nakumatt Oasis Mall (by the elephant): 7:00am
- Fat Cat Backpackers: 7:15am
The rafting shuttle departs from Jinja at 3:30pm to collect the rafters at the take out before heading to Kampala, and depending on the size of trip, arrives back in Kampala at around 6:30pm.
For our half day options and shorter tours it is possible to return on the shuttle on the same day.
This departure time is too soon for our full day of white water stand-up paddleboarding, as we usually finish between 4pm and 5pm. We suggest either staying over at Bujagali and catching the shuttle back the next day, or we can arrange for you to catch public transport back that evening after kayaking or alternatively we can book a private hire for you.
- Matatu – 5000-8000UGX
- Coaster Bus – 8000-10,000UGX
- Private hire – 130,000 UGX (~$35)
*subject to availability. The shuttle only runs on days when Nile River Explorers is running a rafting trip, which is most days all year around!
See all questions
- What should I wear?
- Do I need to book in advance?
- Can you cater for dietary requirements?
- Can I bring a camera?
- Can I wear my glasses while kayaking?
- Do you sell nose-clips?
- Am I expected to tip my guide?
- Can I come and work for Nile SUP?
- How safe is Uganda?
- Ugandan tourist visas
- Power, electricity, and charging?
- What plug does Uganda use?
- Internet in Uganda
- Do I need a Yellow fever card?
- Can I drink the tap water?
- What language is spoken in Uganda?
- Will I get malaria?
- Do I need a yellow fever vaccination?
- Which vaccinations do I need for Uganda?
- Will I get bilharzia/schistosomiasis?
- What is the status of Ebola in Uganda?
- Are there ATMs in Jinja?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- Do you accept credit card?
- Which date of US dollars can I use in Uganda?
- Where can I get Ugandan shillings?
Can’t find what your looking for? Ask us a quick question
or visit our contact us page if you are ready to book.